Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

SEE-SAW

We always get the stumps and branches form cut-down trees from our neighbors because we are known for our fires, there is usually a bit of smoke coming from the backyard. We created our own bit of "country" in the city.
 
That being said my husband came home a few weekends ago with a load of wood. The stumps were there for a few days and I knew my husband was up to something when he told me he had a plan. I envisioned a totempole, but he saw a "teeter-totter".

This is what followed:

6ft stump planted about 3ft deep
Top edges worked off to allow up-and-down movement


10" deep hole drilled for 15x3/4" lag bolt.


Seats were cut from a piece od 10"x2"x8'


having fun in the backyard

The handle was made from our outside broomstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment