Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mad Hatter Upcycle

MAD HATTER COSTUME 
 

This is what became the Mad Hatter costume
 
Purple jacket $3.49.

 
Lace & fabric for collar & cuffs, free. (I have lots of scrap fabrics)


 
The sash/bobbin belt will be made from all the old wooden spools I found on a yardsale a couple of seasons ago. ( I knew it would come in handy someday)
 
 
I had to visit Hancock's for the bow & striped pants. Found this on the $ 3.98 pile & only needed  a little. The pants will be pajamas after halloween.


The hat was found on a yard-sale for $2.00. I only needed the hat for the frame or base for my hat.
I used some of the lace for the rim & made a black felt (covered with lace)  top section to go over the frame.
 
 I attached the top felt section to the hat & added a pink silk band to match the rim. I added kebab sticks with beads, peacock feathers & the "pricetag".
 

 
 And the final product, ready for tricks & treats. We had to tweak the make-up & used orange hairspray on her blond hair.
 
 
Satisfied!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment