Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Shoebox Storage

A new craze hit our house. "Rainbow Loom" and all the little bracelets & charms that are being made. After hours of fun creating charms & designing her own charms, I finally decided to help in keeping it all together. My youngest now has her 1st You-tube video, this may be the start of something new for us as she is also a creative little soul.
I include the link to her video.
Back to the point, I had to help her keep it all together. Easiest I could find at that stage was a shoebox. But the box was used so often and anywhere she could find place to loom. I had to beautify the box. Here follows my Shoebox upcycle:


Ugly shoebox used for Rainbow loom bands, charms, bracelets & loom accessories

 
 Old dress, I used the fabric of. I left the buttons on the and used it for the lid.
 
 
I covered the sides with plain blue fabric and used a glue gun to attach the dress front to the top. The top was cut 1/2" bigger all around and I sewed a hem all around before gluing it to the lid.
 

Another piece of the blue for the side and I cut some flowers out of the dress and glued them to the side panel.
The other 3 sides were done by cutting a strip and folding the edges in and gluing it to the box. After this was attached, I simply folded the seams in toward the center of the box base (almost like wrapping a present) and glued it in place. Same with the top edges of the box, I had to cut the corners to get it flush when I folded it over.

 Al in all a very easy project and now I don't mind the boxes traveling from room to room. I had another box laying around covered that too.

 

1 comment: