Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Country Sunflowers - Painting

Country Sunflowers

I started this project to complement the décor for my 2nd daughter's wedding. She had a country wedding with sunflowers. We bought a roll of burlap for all the decorating we had to do for the wedding, she was her own wedding planner.

I started by choosing the subject and what better way than using your own flower. We planted sunflowers to use in the wedding. Only a few made it as the chipmunks discovered the seeds.


I used acrylics to for this painting. It is more difficult to paint on burlap as one would imagine, I was glad the theme for the wedding was rustic, country, vintage, so the imperfections in the burlap was celebrated.

 
Green background done and I left a 2" border unfinished because the frame was not planned yet.  
 
 
 
I filled it in with leaves and the big sunflowers but left the some bare background.
 
 
 
My husband is very talented with building things and being creative when I present him with a problem, the frame. We had a couple of pallet projects and used the sanded planks to build a frame, to keep the burlap stretched and flat.


Finished painting, framed and ready to hang. It was a beautiful addition to the rest of the wedding décor.

 
 This I where it hangs now, happy in my kitchen for now.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment