Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

My paintings - Africa

I will post my paintings here with links for ordering prints or sale info.


Thirsty Zebra


This painting is NFS, but prints can be bought from FineArtAmerica. This is acrylic on canvas.

Lion Stare

Pastel - done in 2001. NFS Prints also available at FineArtAmerica.
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/lion-stare-cecile-smit.html




4 Proteas






I love the bold and ruggedness of this flower. Yet it is soft to the touch and truly reflects our African culture.

Per WIKI: Protea is both the botanical name and the English common name of a genus of South African flowering plants, sometimes also called sugarbushes. In local tradition, the Protea flower represents change and hope. 




KINDERDIJK 



a painting I finished and dedicated to my friend who took the reference picture I used. She passed away couple of weeks since she took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment